Thursday, September 25, 2008

What is CHANGE for Our Neighborhood...

First...I can only say what my idea of change is. As I say and believe, it will not be my role as your Commissioner to dictate the agenda for our neighborhood. My role will be to sit with you and develop an agenda - TOGETHER. Then I - as your Commissioner - will execute the agenda that we have set.

That said, therein lies the definition of CHANGE as I see it. Change happens when you know your Commissioner and have a complete understanding of what the Commission does and what I will do as your Commissioner. Change comes around, with a Commissioner who is present in the Community - someone who knows where you live and knocks on your door regularly. Change comes when you don't have to seek out your Commissioner to address your concerns, because your Commissioner is seeking you out to learn from you.

Many of you have told me that you don't know who your ANC Commissioner is. Some of you don't even know what the ANC is. So many of you have asked me if there are regular meetings. To me, these questions indicate a lack of communication between the ANC and the Community that's supposedly being served.

Truly, It's Time for CHANGE!

As ANC Commissioner for 6A02, I hope to be an agent of that change. I hope to be a part of what will be a vibrant and active community of NEIGHBORS. Like a Good Neighbor (and like State Farm), I will be there!

So, I'd like for you to answer this question:

What defines a "good neighbor" to you?

No comments: